Background Labs

Monday, September 7, 2015

How I use beach balls for letters, sight words, syllables and number recognition practice!

Hi everyone,
I am going to jump right in! It's been way to long!

I wanted to share what I've been working on! I might be slightly obsessed with the Dollar Tree and their beach balls! I started last year and made a ball full of our sight words.

Since it's the beginning of the year, I thought why not do it with letters and syllables (since we are a full day Spanish program.)
Here's a pic of the lowercase letter ball and uppercase letter ball I made. I like to leave a little bit of air out of the ball so it's easier for the kids to catch. Whatever letter their thumb lands on when they catch the ball is the letter or syllable or sight word etc. they need to read.

Transitions:
I love using this as students come in from recess. I can pass the ball to someone who came in quietly and sat down professionally on the carpet or walked to the carpet after getting some water.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment